Saturday, June 20, 2009

Akuma to Love Song Volume 1-2



rating: Teen
Volumes: 7 Ongoing
Devil and Her Love song is by Toumori Miyoushi. Kawai Maria has just transferred from a prestigious Catholic school to a pretty average Touzuka High School. She was expelled from her other school because of violence towards a teacher, she tells everyone as she enters the classroom. Kawai Maria is a very interesting character. She is honest and direct. Not only that, she can tell peoples intention and somehow shows them a mirror of who they really are. But she's pretty sensitive to other peoples words.

Because Maria is so blunt and honest, she is isolated by her classmates and eventually bullied by the group of mean girls. Two good looking guys, Kanda Yuusuke and Meguro Shin who are opposites of each other. One is bubbly and cute while the other one is cold. They don't really "protect" her they more like help her out to get along better with her classmates. I like Meguro better because Yuusuke wants her to change while Meguro likes Maria more as she is.

I don't know what to think about this manga. It is very popular and I can see why. The main girl is different. It's very refreshing to see someone who is tough and brutally honest. Someone who doesn't get over emotional and reacts too drastically. But still for some reason it doesn't do it for me.

Perhaps it's the translation that is bother me. I can't quite put my finger on it. I have to read the page about three times to understand what the hell Maria is saying/means. I really want to like this manga.

I'm staying tuned to see if Maria will get to sing her song, to see if Meguro/Maria will develop, Yuusuke to grow up and show his real self, Tomoyo to be a stronger person.

Download scans by Serenus Dreamers
Volume 1 // Mirror
Volume 2 // Mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment